About Me             Recovery             Jared             Anthony

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Project Walk

Yesterday was my first day at Pushing Boundaries, a program that was based on the work done at Project Walk. There are less than 20 facilities like this in the country, and I am so fortunate to be near one!

Here is interesting information on recovery the first year after injury using this type of system.
http://www.projectwalk.org/program/firstyear.htm

My first day went great. I was up in a standing machine that works similar to an elipitical, no blood pressure problems, and able to get some cardio exercise for the first time in months. It felt so great! The evaluation went well and my trainer said I was strong and had a lot of potential because I have done so much already as far as transfers, strengthening, etc. I am excited to be able to participate in this type of a program and am looking forward to working with them over the next several months.

4 comments:

The Ames Family said...

Yay yay yay!! I am so glad it went well!! And more importantly hwo good you feel. That's awesome Beka! Keep up the great work!

e said...

that is great! i am glad they have resources and equipment there for you. how many times a week are you going?

Beka said...

I'm going twice per week to Pushing Boundaries, and once per week to the UW for PT. It's certainly keeping me busy!

Dave Fritch said...

Go Beka! We will be praying for you. You are awesome. You can do it!