About Me             Recovery             Jared             Anthony

Friday, June 12, 2009

My Old Man

Well Jared went in a couple of weeks ago and had the Berkely done to get an idea of how healthy he is. No surprise, his cholesterol is higher than it should be. Dr. Reedy says he can thank Kim for that - he has all the genetic markings that show he is at risk for high cholesterol. So at the age of 29, Jared has started what will probably be a lifetime of taking Crestor to lower his cholesterol, as diet and exercise unfortunately will not work. We joke that the last year we have aged about 50 years. I'm now in a wheelchair, and Jared is on meds that men older than him usually take! In addition to the Crestor he's on a couple of other vitamin/supplements too. I bought him this pill case yesterday and he was thrilled - another sign he is getting old!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thrilled about a pill case! Hah! Makes me smile ~LL

The Ames Family said...

My *dad* does the Berkley. ...I had to explain it to Joe. LOL! Oh Jared, you're old, but we love ya!