About Me             Recovery             Jared             Anthony

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

More Movement

I guess I neglected to share this information with everyone...I was sure I had, but after talking with my family this week discovered that they didn't know, which means you probably don't know either. My quads are starting to work again. From a seated position I am able to extend my legs straight out in front of me. I think I started being able to do this around the end of August or early September. It is so exciting to have my body start doing what I am telling it to! My legs are still in really great shape (thanks to the annoying muscle spasms) and as soon as the nerve signals are stronger I'll be ready to start walking again. My PT said we are looking at "months not years" which is encouraging.

7 comments:

Robert Salnick said...

Beka, this is wonderful news!

The Ames Family said...

That will be the best Christmas pesent EVER!!! :) I can't wait to see it, my friend!

Vicki Parramore said...

Thanks for sharing the good news! Bill just asked me last night how your progress was coming along.

Matt said...

Great news!

Unknown said...

I'm just waiting for the phone call telling me how many steps you take the first time you try!

e said...

that's great! go mama!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! Great News!! We can't wait to see you walking and running after Anthony.

Keith, Carol, & Becky