About Me             Recovery             Jared             Anthony

Thursday, October 29, 2009

A Challenge

Lately I have been challenging myself, and I'd like to challenge the rest of you as well. Try to go an entire day without complaining. Don't complain about the weather, your job, school, your health, your kids, the traffic, neighbors, friends, family, your car, etc. See if you can do it; it's pretty tough. But take the time to be conscious of every word that is coming out of your mouth and try to stop the negative ones.

It seems we as a society have come to believe that we are entitled to everything we want. For example, you feel sick today so you complain thinking you are entitled to good health. Well you aren't, it's a gift - how about being thankful for the fact that you are alive to feel sickness?

During the holiday season we often take a day (thanksgiving) to be thankful for everything that we have. My goal has become to live a life of gratitude and not think about what I don't have, but what I do. I would like to be thankful every day, not just a couple of times a year. Hopefully I'll be a more pleasant person to be around - no one wants to listen to whining, right? Feel free to keep me accountable - if you catch me complaining, tell me! Really, what on earth do I have to complain about? Nothing. My situation is so much better than millions of others.

So give it a shot, try to live your life without complaining.

2 comments:

Colby said...

I accept the challenge since we should all have this great attitude. You are such an inspiration Beka!

Anonymous said...

I love Thanksgiving. You put a real challenge on the table for all to live by. Thank you. I love you guys