About Me             Recovery             Jared             Anthony

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Pushing Boundaries

Well it's time for some show and tell. Here are a couple of the exercises that I do at PB to get my legs moving! The ERGYS bike is just like riding a bike, and gives me the same cardio workout. Six electrodes total are hooked up to me, on my hamstrings, quads, and glutes. Electric shocks are sent and my muscles fire in reaction to those shocks. It's pretty amazing to watch my legs biking and to be able to feel the cardio aspect.

This is my trainer, Ben.

This is a standing machine because as you can see, I am standing. I can use this similar to how you would use an elliptical machine, minus the electronic component.

The goal is to be out of my chair with my legs working as much as possible. The more time I am using the muscles and telling them to fire, the more chance for recovery. Ben and the team at PB were thrilled to find out that I was able to move my toes. Typically the toes are the first to move when a person is recovering. With quads, they would expect the fingers to be the first to move.

3 comments:

Vicki Parramore said...

Yay! for wiggly toes! You'll be walking in no time!

The Ames Family said...

Those are awesome pictures, Beka! Thanks for sharing. I always wonder what you do at physical therapy...now I know. Your trainer has a GREAT name, by the way ;)

Mom said...

It is so good to see you standing up! I keep a picture of you standing, next to my bed.("keep the vison before your eyes")