About Me             Recovery             Jared             Anthony

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

My Funny Husband

Anyone who knows Jared knows of his frugal ways. He lives by the saying "Any fool can spend money" which has been passed down from his Great Grandpa Anardi, I believe. One of my best friends, Kari, actually has this taped to her mirror to help her avoid those expensive trips to Target that we all enjoy!

Jared and I kind of seem like an odd pairing given the fact that I love to shop so much. A couple of weeks ago Jared commented on how we've been really good about not spending money lately. This is because I cannot drive myself to the store. Yet. ;)

So last night Jared comes into the living room where I am sitting and says "When did we become rich?" with a big grin on his face. He likes to throw this one around when I go get new shoes or get coffee or any time I spend money really...So I answered "Yesterday." His concern this time? I was using the heated dry cycle on the dishwasher. He had turned it off a week or so ago, and I turned it right back on as soon as I'd discovered what he had done, assuming he must have just hit the button in error. But no, he purposely turned off the heated dry, which we've used for about four years together now....Hilarious!!

6 comments:

Mike O said...

Stay strong, Jared!

Colby said...

Nice try Mike...we always use the heated dry cycle.

Mike O said...

That's because I'm a pushover.

Mike O said...

If only I could be more like Jared...

Anonymous said...

If Steve sees this comment Jared is going to pay!!!! They may make us swap coupons and start the monthly meal plan you cook on Sat.
Debbie

Anonymous said...

Bless his heart!