About Me             Recovery             Jared             Anthony

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Driving

Since Colby and Lynda are both in Virginia this week, I thought it would be a great time to start driving myself to therapies. We ordered portable hand controls for the car which install in under 10 minutes. After driving around for about ten minutes on Sunday to practice, I was ready to go Monday. It has been so nice to be able to take myself places - have some independence back! It takes me about 15 minutes to get in the car, take the wheelchair apart, and pull the pieces over my body to put them in the passenger seat. Quite interesting for people to watch I'm sure.

The next step will be figuring out how to get Anthony in the car with me. Right now I still have to have someone come over to pick him up to watch him. I'd really like to be able to drop him off at someone's house, so I need to figure out how I can get him up and down the ramp safely....options so far are the stroller or the baby bjorn, but I haven't tried either yet.

1 comment:

Mom said...

You are so brave and fearless!