About Me             Recovery             Jared             Anthony

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Rehab Update

Two weeks down, one to go. I met with my team of doctors and therapists today (ten people in all) and was quite discouraged. They'd like me to stay one additional week (going home the 22nd instead of the 15th) but I just don't think I can handle that emotionally. The decision is ultimately up to Jared and I. It's important that I am independent and ready to go home so that I'm not too much of a burden on Jared, but it's also important that I get home to be with my husband and new baby. I can't tell you how much I miss them. For the next week I'm just going to work my tail off. Please pray that I am able to make significant gains so that I am comfortable going home next Wednesday. The thought of two more weeks here makes me cry, I just don't want to do that. The doctors are also working to get us set up with a place called Rehab Without Walls - they come into our home and do the same intensive program at home with me for several hours each day. Please pray the approval process goes quickly and smoothly- there can be a lot of hang ups with the insurance company, and we need to have this set up so I can continue working hard at home. Thanks for all of your calls, letters and emails of support. We are so thankful for the wonderful family and friends we have - I think half of America might be praying for us right now, and we need that. I'm praying for a Resurrection Sunday miracle!

5 comments:

The Ames Family said...

Good to know, thanks for the update. You look like you've come so far, I can't believe they aren't impressed...well, WE ARE!!! Keep us posted. We are looking forward to seeing you at home :) LOVE the pictures!!!

e said...

beka, i hope they are able to get the home rehab set up for you. it must be so hard to be away from anthony while he's so new and small. thanks for posting the photos!

Hs said...

Why do they want you to stay another week? I'll be praying that your rehab at home will be set up quickly so you can do what you need to to get better while being able to be home with your family. Hang in there. You are an inspiration to all of us!

Unknown said...

Bekah,
Connie and I just heard of your situation and we will agree with you guys for total healing and restoration. We will put you on our prayer chain here at the church. Decree Jeremiah 30:17 over you. We love you

bob

Unknown said...

my e-mail addy is: akingskidd@hotmail.com and Connie's is:
geckojo@hotmail.com