About Me             Recovery             Jared             Anthony

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Home at Last

After exactly four weeks in the hospital I am finally home - just in time to celebrate Anthony's four week birthday. Some things are harder than I expected, but other things are easier. It feels so good to be back home living a somewhat normal life again. My in home therapy should start next week. The days go by pretty quickly because it takes me so long to do things that would be fast for most people - showering, getting dressed, using the bathroom. My morning routine now takes about three hours! I can't wait to be faster at these things.

Jared's been out running errands today, and I've been able to be alone with my son for the first time ever. Though it's hard and tasks take so long, it is so nice to feel like I am contributing to my family again and like I'm capable of taking care of Anthony.

We still have a long road of frustrations, therapies, and triumphs ahead of us. Please keep praying.

8 comments:

e said...

i'm glad you were able to go home. enjoy bonding with your baby!

Colby said...

We love you!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you! No place like home with your wonderful husband and beautiful baby boy! Enjoy and smell him for me....

The Ames Family said...

Yay! You're home!!! How exciting! Let me know when we can come hang out with you. We're looking forward to it :)

Sean and Angie Battle said...

We need to talk--I'm going to call you this weekend. Got some ideas up my sleeve. . .I'm so excited you got to go home! HOORAY!

Anonymous said...

Beka- You are my HERO!!! I love your courage!

Anonymous said...

...That last comment was from Sarah Miller! :)

Vicki Parramore said...

Oh, how wonderful! There's nothing quite like your own bed and having your wee one close by to snuggle with any time you wish!