About Me             Recovery             Jared             Anthony

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Maui






























We were fortunate enough to spend a week in Maui in the middle of October.  The timing couldn't have been more perfect.  We closed on the house right before we left so our contractor was able to start working on the house while we were on vacation.  About a week after we got back we were able to move into the house. 

The vacation was so relaxing - we really had a wonderful time.  Anthony loved swimming and wanted to be in the pool or the ocean as much as possible.  It was a lot of work flying a 5 hour flight with an 8 month old baby - she didn't cry much, but we had to constantly entertain her.  Anthony was great on the flights.  It was great to get away from the apartment for awhile because that wasn't the most fun experience with two kids in the same room! 

We spent most of our time there on the beach or at the pool and doing lots of eating and laughing.  We ate plenty of ice cream and talked about how hot it was and watched the sea turtles from our condo which was right on the water.  The guys tried paddle boarding and I went snorkeling for the first time since being paralyzed which was awesome.  I got a few strange looks from people on the beach - I'm sure they were wondering why these men were just tossing me in the water - but I was quite safe as Jared, Kim, and Mike just swam around me as I was floating around checking out the fish.  I got in the pool everyday and swam - it was so great to be in the water.  Bellevue has a great pool for paralyzed people and I definitely plan to start using it.

1 comment:

Christine said...

Looks amazing, Beka! What a fun vacation!