About Me             Recovery             Jared             Anthony

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Pregnant and paralyzed

Today I am 28 weeks pregnant. The time has gone by so quickly and so far everything has gone smoothly. I am to the point now where I'm starting to feel huge and can't imagine getting any bigger. My face is even starting to show the weight gain - Ah! I noticed a few days ago that Jared was pulling me up the stairs more slowly than usual; apparently he notices the weight gain too. ;) When I transfer myself now I can definitely tell a difference - I don't know how much weight I've gained, but I'm glad I'm not this heavy all the time.

I get tired pretty easily and by the end of the day I am so exhausted, but that's no different from any other pregnant lady! Pulling my wheelchair in/out of the car really wears me out, so I'm trying to limit trips as much as possible. So hard to do though during this busy holiday season.

We are still planning on a scheduled c-section the last week of February, about a week before she is due. Jared is really pushing for a leap year baby but I am totally against it! We have had a few concerns as my cervix has been thinning a bit, so I've been trying to take it easy and avoid bed rest. Quite ironic really given that half of my body is basically on bed rest all the time! I would guess that I internally feel only about 20% of the baby's movements. From the outside I can feel and see that she is almost constantly moving.

Only 11 weeks to go until we get to meet our precious baby girl. We still haven't chosen a name and the nursery isn't ready yet...we seem to be so unprepared this time, but also so not concerned about it. I think our perspective on life has changed so much in the past three years. Things that used to seem so important and that we'd obsess over were really not important at all. We've learned to expect the unexpected and be comfortable living in the unknown. It will all work out in the end, so there is no need for me to worry about it in the mean time. We are looking forward to meeting our sweet little girl soon, whatever her name may be!

2 comments:

Fahren J: Life Changing Music said...

All I know, is that God's promises are yes and amen and if you continue to stay faithful, and not grow weary in doing well..How you began this journey will be like a grain of sand compared to the Testimony that is already in process..its the patience and joy we must have while we wait for this 3rd dimension to catch up to the 4th dimension. I know it's a fight for faith sometimes, but you are not alone.. The prayers of the RIGHTEOUS availeth much, and in your home, I know for a fact..is a mighty, bold, un-moving faith filled prayer warrior...I am believing the report of the Lord on your behalf.... :)

Anonymous said...

Beka, I think youre beautiful! Thanks for sharing the journey with us!