About Me             Recovery             Jared             Anthony

Monday, March 8, 2010

One Year

Well the last year certainly has gone by quickly. It's hard to believe that Anthony will be one in only a few days (the 19th). That also means I've been in this wheelchair for about a year now. Wow. I've certainly learned a lot about myself and my abilities over the last year.

It's frustrating as the months go on and I see little to no progress. In my mind I'm already walking again; I wish everyone else saw that. It's a good thing that I walk by faith and not by sight, because the sight does not look good right now. What I see is depressing. But I believe God's promise that I will walk again and my health will be completely restored. Until then I hope that I am fulfilling the plan for my life. It's so hard to go back and think about this time last year. There was so much joy and anticipation of Anthony's arrival, and man things sure did not turn out how we were expecting. Talk about worst case scenarios.


I so enjoy this little man of ours, and the past year I've been able to spend more time with him than I had originally planned, which I am very thankful for. Anthony is so much fun, a great kid, and we love him so much. He is a wonderful addition to our lives. And he is almost one. Time really does fly.

3 comments:

The Ames Family said...

It is a bitter sweet time, no doubt. But just think of the angels jumping for joy, along with your friends and family, when you take those first steps again! He will never leave us or forsake us.

e said...

I can see how it's hard to celebrate the passing of one year. Just know that we celebrate each bit of progress that you make. You have the strength, determination, and faith to make it happen.

Anardi Family said...

We are so very blessed to have you in our lives and we wish we were there to celebrate with your little boy- we we celebrate the progress daily with you!even if it is small it is progress!