About Me             Recovery             Jared             Anthony

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Baby Update at 36 weeks

Well it doesn't look like Anthony is going to be coming early, he's right on schedule at this point. I'm not sure how I'll be able to walk for four more weeks! Plus we are so excited to meet the little guy. The doctor guesses that he weighs about 5 pounds right now, which is the average size for 36 weeks. I had convinced myself that he must weigh close to 8 already, because he feels huge, but looks like I was pretty far off. I cannot imagine having another child to take care of while 9 months pregnant- no idea how moms do that. Nor can I imagine having to work full time outside the home. Some people are just amazing and I have a new respect for all pregnant women!

I have been trying to keep myself busy gardening and I've been cooking/freezing lots of meals for after Anthony arrives. I also took up another sewing project and made myself a nursing cover. Have to say that sewing is too much work - it's just not one of my passions in life. I have vowed not to take on another sewing project. I am running out of things that I am able to do and I guess the next few weeks will involve a lot of me sitting around doing nothing. Which drives me crazy.

So this is what I'm thinking - I'm dilated to 1 cm right now and have had no contractions whatsoever. If we could just continue on this path until say 10 cm that would be perfect. I wouldn't even know that I was dilated to 10 because there would be no pain involved. So that's my plan - I'll let you know how it works out. ;)

2 comments:

The Ames Family said...

Good luck with that "plan"! haha! I know this time feels like FOREVER, but it'll be over before you know it. I hated this part...the waiting. And now my waiting is almost 3! It goes *that* fast!! Hang in there :)

e said...

well, at least you have the internet! and books. have you read the eight? i read it in a couple of days around christmas, really enjoyed it. kind of semi-historical, semi-fiction, and part romance novel.