About Me             Recovery             Jared             Anthony

Friday, April 13, 2012

8 weeks?!

Wow time flies!  We have been so crazy busy since Livia was born - she is 8 weeks today!

Jared was off for five weeks and we were able to spend a lot of time together as a family which was nice.  My recovery didn't exactly go as planned and I ended up having a few complications and a nasty hospital infection.  Everything is fine now, but that meant lots of doctor's visits and extra treatments/medicines in the weeks following Livia's birth.  At least I couldn't feel the pain I was in...;)

We relaxed the first couple of weeks, and then decided to do a small kitchen remodel which turned out really great.  I'll have to post pics soon.  J took out some cabinets and made the kitchen much more accessible for me, and I'm loving the change.  Wish we'd done that three years ago!

J being back at work means I get up with Livia all night.  I'm hoping she starts sleeping 8 hours soon!  Anthony did around two months so my expectations are high! Right now she gets up 1-2 times per night which isn't bad and I'm not feeling too sleep deprived.

I feel like most of my time is spent feeding kids and cleaning the house.  Some days are super productive, and others I get nothing done.  It's certainly been an interesting transition with J back to work and me on my own during the day.  Most days are good, but there have definitely been some frustrating days thrown in there.

I have gone on a few play dates with both of the kids and we make it to Wordshop every week; I really need to learn to manage my time better.  Hopefully we'll get a routine down soon and I'll be able to accomplish more during the week.  I think the biggest change for me really has been the disrupted schedule and just figuring out how/when to do the things we want to do.  Not sure that I'll try shopping with two kids any time soon.  I'm trying to slow down and just enjoy spending time with Anthony and Livia and not plan as many things to do and places to go during the day.  This totally goes against my natural inclination, but I don't want to miss this precious time with them while they are young.

Having an infant this time around is so much easier.  I'm sure it's because I'm not adjusting to a baby and a wheelchair at the same time.  Everything seems so easy this time!  I've been able to get Livia in/out of the car with no problems and use the ring sling to carry her around on the wheelchair.  With Anthony something as simple as preparing a bottle seemed like so much work, and I don't feel like that at all this time around.  I wasn't really sure what to expect, so I'm pleased that it's been as easy as it has.  Life has definitely improved since three years ago!

No comments: